International Research Center for Neurointelligence
The University of Tokyo Institutes for Advanced Study
Faculty Positions in Neuro-inspired Computation/AI or Human Brain Development
How do human and machine intelligence arise? The International Research Center for Neurointelligence (IRCN) at The University of Tokyo was launched in October 2017 to tackle this challenge over the next ten years under the World Premier International (WPI) Research Initiative of Japan. IRCN researchers will understand emergent principles of neural circuit development to inspire next-generation neural computation for artificial intelligence and novel therapies for mental illness. We are seeking Project Assistant, Associate and Full Professors in both the neuro-inspired computation and human brain development fields to leverage our world-class facilities and global networks to bridge disciplines. The official language of IRCN is English and bilingual support is provided.
IRCN Project Professor (Assistant, Associate, or Full)
The contract is renewable on a fiscal year basis (from April 1 to March 31 annually) according to research budget, activity, and achievement. Contract duration is through the first term of IRCN with extension based on adequate progress. The position is not tenure-track although tenure is not excluded.
Place of work:
International Research Center for Neurointelligence, The University of Tokyo
7-3-1 Hongo Bunkyo-ku Tokyo, 113-0033 JAPAN
- Ph.D., M.D. or equivalent in a related field
- Research achievement in a relevant field
- Good communication skills in English
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: Depend of your experience (Negotiable)
- Commuter allowance: JPY 55,000 per month at maximum.
- Social Insurance: Eligible for MEXT* Mutual Aid Association membership, employees’ pension, employment insurance, and workers’ accident compensation insurance (*MEXT: Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
Annual paid vacation
Sick leave (paid)
Special vacation (paid)
- Working Hours: Discretionary labor system
- Holidays: Saturdays and Sundays; Statutory public holidays of Japan; Year-end and New Year holidays (December 29 through January 3); Summer holidays
- Application deadline: November 29, 2018
- Application documents:
Curriculum vita (CV) in English
Cover letter in English
Statement on proposed research (2pages)
Name and contact address for three references
- For questions: Email to email@example.com
- For submission: Please upload the documents to https://webfs.adm.u-tokyo.ac.jp/public/RHisQAVIbgzARbMB391mwycQzGI8LbrDww6xgmG_K2QL
All applications will be screened, and only highly competitive candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Initial interviews will be done electronically and/or via a visit to The University of Tokyo. Final interviews will be conducted by visit.
*Submitted documents will not be returned.
*The IRCN is committed to diversity and inclusion in all of its policies. Women applicants in particular are encouraged to apply and/or seek further information.
In your application, please refer to Professorpositions.com