POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP IN BRAIN MODELLING
Queensland Institute of Medical Research (Brisbane, Australia)
- Cutting-edge modelling of brain dynamics
- Exciting opportunity in a new and growing group
- Attractive salary packaging & superannuation options
About QIMR Berghofer: QIMR Berghofer is a world-leading translational medical research institute focused on improving health by developing new diagnostics, better treatments and prevention strategies, specifically in the areas of cancer, infectious diseases, mental health and complex disorders. Based in Herston, Brisbane and working in close collaboration with clinicians and other research institutes, QIMR Berghofer is home to more than 600 scientists, students and support staff
About the lab: The Brain Modelling Group models and analyses brain structure and dynamics, in health and disease.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities: The successful applicant will develop novel models of large-scale brain dynamics, and use these to model brain activity across the adult lifespan. This will entail: (i) mathematical and computational modelling of brain dynamics at the whole-brain level; (ii) constraining models against empirical neuroimaging data, both structural and functional; and (iii) developing novel analysis tools and implementing them for wide adoption.
About you: The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD in physics, mathematics, computational neuroscience, computer science, or a related field;
- A strong track record of high-quality peer-reviewed publications;
- Experience in mathematical modelling;
- Proficiency in programming (e.g. in MATLAB).
They will ideally also have experience in: the pre-processing and analysis of neuroimaging data, including diffusion imaging and tractography, fMRI, MEG, and/or EEG; modelling large-scale brain network dynamics; time series analysis and signal processing; and handling of large datasets.
What we offer:
- Salary Packaging
- Bonus Superannuation
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focussed on cutting edge medical research
- Supportive/collaborative team environment
Applications should address the selection criteria and include curriculum vitae, proof of qualifications, and the names and contact details of three professional referees.